Edification (Building Up Each Other in the Faith)
While we strive to offer sound Biblical resources that we pray will help you grow in your faith, we do not necessarily endorse all the content of these resources, so please use discernment, like the Bereans (Acts 17:10-12), when utilizing these resources.
If you find a link that is inactive or you have any questions or concerns about a link, please contact us. Also, if you have reached Kirk of the Plains web site through a third party link that you have found inappropriate or offensive, please contact us so the link can be evaluated. Thank you!
WP App for KOTP
In 20+ years of church leadership one of the biggest lessons we have learned is that you cannot over-communicate. So to help our congregation stay in touch with each other and minister side by side we use the WP (WordPress) Church app. The new Android and iOS app allows our church members to access the directory, schedule, prayer requests, bible reading plan, blog, calendar and sermons from their phone or tablet.
- Simply download the app to your phone by clicking on Android or iOS .
- Open the WP Church app and in the box below “Type some of your church name” type “Kirk of the Plains”.
- In the upper left hand corner you will see three lines. Click on those lines and you will see a drop down menu where you can listen to sermons, give, etc.
- However, if you want full functionality of the app (see directory, prayer requests, etc) you must login to the app. But you must first register your login info with our church office.
- If you already have a WordPress login simply e-mail your user name only to office@KOTP.org. We will register your account with our app and send you a confirmation.
- If you do not have a WordPress account, e-mail the user name that you would like to use. We will register that user name with our app and you will receive an automated e-mail with a password. (You can change your password later through our web site – see #9 below).
- Once you have logged into the app you can enjoy the full features of the app (including updating your own personal information). If you do not want to have to log in each time you use the app then simply do NOT log out before you close the app.
- You can also access many of the same features through our web site through the Kirk Portal (see the main menu at the top of our web page). Simply click on Kirk Portal, enter your login information and you are able to see many of the features that are available in the app.
- Once you are logged into the web site you can change your profile information (including your password). To access your profile simply click on the icon in the upper right and corner of the web page (not the “x” in the upper right hand corner of your screen).
Well, that is it! Enjoy! If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact the church office.
Membership Class (audio recordings):
In 2017 we offered a membership class for any interested in becoming a communing member of Kirk of the Plains. The class was structured around the five membership vows that any potential member must agree to in order to join our church. In the class Pastor Rick explains what it means to be a member and describes in more detail who we are as a church, our core beliefs, and what it means to be part of Kirk of the Plains. Since most of the participants in the class had a background in Presbyterian and Reformed churches we did not cover all the distinctives of our church, such as our view of baptism, T.U.L.I.P, etc.
- Week One (October 15, 2017) – Requirements for Membership, part 1
- Week Two (October 22, 2107) – Requirements for Membership, part 2
- Week Three (October 29, 2107) – Expectations of Membership, part 1
- Week Four (November 5, 2017) – Expectations of Membership, part 2
- Week Five (November 12, 2017) – Expectations of Membership, part 3