Changing Hearts, Changing Lives (Spring 2022)
Changing Hearts, Changing Lives is a video series by Paul Tripp and David Powlison with discussion before and after. This study presents a biblical model of change that shows the connection between our heart (the “root”) and our actions (the “fruit”). We will be learning how the Bible speaks powerfully and profoundly to temptation, suffering, and relationships with grace and hope. If you would like to stimulate a desire for continued growth in your own relationship with our Lord, as well as learn the foundation of how we can be used by Him more effectively in the lives of those around us, this study is for you.
CONSIDER THESE QUESTIONS:
- Why do our good intentions & willpower translate into failure & frustration rather than change that lasts?
- How does everything we think, say and do expose what we treasure in our heart?
- Why is growing in our knowledge and love of Jesus Christ critical to change that reaches to the heart and essential for living to His glory?
- In what ways does God see us to comfort, challenge and convey hope to others, while He continues to change us?
- Does the Bible really apply to living in the twenty-first century as much as it did in the first century, with no gap between faith and practice?
AND RESPONDS BY:
- Providing a biblical model of change that shows the connection between our heart (the “root”) and our actions (the “fruit”).
- Illustrating how lasting change occurs only through the cross of Jesus Christ, our Savior and Redeemer.
- Presenting an approach for personal ministry that promotes being practical and wise, and incarnating the love of Christ to those in need.
- Demonstrating how the Bible speaks powerfully and profoundly to temptation, suffering, and relationships with grace and hope.
- Stimulating a desire for continuing growth in our own relationship with the Lord so that He might use us more effectively in the lives of others.
Join us beginning Wednesday, February 9 at 7:00 pm at Pastor Rick’s house for this life probing study!